It’s not even Winter yet and the east coast has already seen its share of winter weather. Now is the time to prepare your home for the upcoming winter months. Here are 5 tips to follow for winterizing your home.
- Be energy efficient and keep the cold out by installing storm windows or covering your windows with sturdy plastic.
- Fill in any cracks around windows and doors with caulk or weather stripping.
- Insulate pipes and remove hoses from outdoor water faucets.
- Be sure to have a good snow shovel and keep plenty of rock salt or sand on hand for slippery driveways and walks.
- Look around the yard to determine if any trees might pose a hazard to the house if they were to fall. Consider having them removed by a professional tree service.
Remember, if you already have damage to your roof contact us. We can come out to cover your roof with an emergency tarp to prevent further damage from occurring. Have a tip about winter roof maintenance? Share your experience with us!